How do I wash my mat?
- Even though our mats are washing machine-friendly, we recommend hand-washing them with a wet cloth and mild detergent when possible
- This saves on water and will prolong the life of your mat
- If you prefer to wash your mat in the machine, wash on a gentle/delicates cycle, cold water, alone and then hang to dry
- Only use a small amount of mild detergent, no softeners and NO BLEACH
How do I dry my towel?
- DO NOT MACHINE DRY
- To help speed up drying the process, wrap the mat in a towel and squeeze out any excess water
- Hang to dry, keep out of direct sun when drying to keep the colours vibrant
How do I store my mat?
- Make sure the mat is completely dry, roll the mat up keeping the towel side on the exterior and secure with the strap
- Store out of direct sunlight to keep the colours vibrant
What is so great about our mats?
- In addition to being eco-friendly and featuring original photography, our mats function as a mat and hot yoga towel in one
- There is no longer the need to carry a mat as well as a towel to class
- Our mats are constructed with natural tree rubber base bonded to a microfiber top layer, which provides a fantastic grip while absorbing sweat
- Our mats are perfect for sweaty practice, the more you sweat the more you grip!
Why are YOGAEVERYWHERE mats eco-friendly?
- Our mats are made of a biodegradable, recyclable 100% natural tree rubber base and microfiber top layer
- They are free from latex, silicone, toxic glue, and phthalates
- All of our original aerial photography is printed with non-fade, water based inks
Why am I sliding on my mat?
We do recommend lightly spraying the mat with a little water or just wetting your hands/feet at the beginning of practice. This is especially important if you have naturally dry hands and feet. Dampening the mat slightly will allow you to grip properly before your body heats up. Also note, if you are sweating heavily during practice the mat could reach its maximum absorbance capacity. If you notice excess water on the mat use a towel to absorb before continuing with your practice.
Why does my mat have an odor?
- If your mat has a slight odour, just place it outside or in a well-ventilated spot to air out
If you have any questions that were not answered here, please get in touch!
Click here for our contact page. We are happy to help!